Context of Practice - Publication - Printed Mock Up

Printing a mock up of the publication 

I decided before going any further with the publication, I needed to print a simple black and white mock up to gauge how it would look when finished. It was a good job I did print a mock up as I managed to print it wrong four times before the fifth attempt was successful, and I'm glad that didn't happen with trying to print the final copy. I decided as the digital print room is fully booked out at the moment and my booklet would print on A4 sheets of paper, to simply print it in the studio. This should produce the results I want as I want to print on a stock like antique white paper or bulky newsprint, although I'm currently unsure of what to do with the cover to make it thicker than the rest of the booklet. 





Print tests of different stocks:






I'm glad I bothered to print a mock up first as in doing so, I realised I needed to add another two pages to make the booklet work, so I've added another quotes page. It also helps to see it at the final size as it is difficult to tell the scales of things on screen. I have also decided that the best stock to print the final on will be the bulky newsprint.

Friday 10 May 2013 by Andrea Hannah Cooper
Categories: , , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply