Context of Practice - Publication Formats Research

Further research into existing exhibition booklets

Now that I know what I am doing with the booklet, I have had a further look into exhibition booklets and found ones which have a rather 'academic' feel to them, and which although I like the bindings of some and the finishes, I wouldn't necessarily read myself when I was in an art gallery. 







and now the ones with interesting bindings! :




These kind of booklets are helping me see how I can push mine in this direction yet still keep it really lighthearted inside as the seriousness of these booklets seems to come from the design elements such as colour schemes, bindings, stocks, printing methods, etc. 

Although I'd love to produce something with a fancy binding, I'm not sure it would suit the inconspicuous impression management style of the rest of the publication, so therefore I think keeping it to a really simple stitched booklet would be the best option. 



Wednesday 8 May 2013 by Andrea Hannah Cooper
Categories: , , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply