Context of Practice - Edited Final Publication

Absolute final publication

During printing of my publication, through several tests of different stocks, it was suggested to me in the studio that the printed cover made it look cheap as the block of red background colour was obviously printed and the ink coverage wasn't as good as it could have been. It was then suggested that I printed the cover straight onto a red stock which meant I had to remove the beige colour from the cover, and therefore changed the 'habitus' section of the logo to outlines rather than fill colour and changed the text and band of colour to the dark red. When printing, I printed the cover on red stock and duplexed it with a piece of the stock I had printed the rest of the publication on (bulky newsprint) as it meant  I could still have the inner cover as the blank white page. This worked so much better than I had expected and has instantly increased the finish of the booklet as now it looks like a finished product rather than a mock up. I also bound the booklet together with a simple stitched bind using red thread rather than staples as I had originally planned to do as it also seemed to add a bit more 'class' to the overall design of it which means I think I have definitely managed to pull off the concept of applying the theory of impression management to the booklet.

(Link to interim evaluation to explain concept: 
http://a-cooper1114-dc.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/context-of-practice-publication-new.html)

This is the issuu document of the final publication with the changes to the cover:




And these are some photographs of the printed and bound book:










Monday 13 May 2013 by Andrea Hannah Cooper
Categories: , , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply