Alphabet Soup

To put the letters I have created for the first Alphabet soup brief into context, I have researched into "stretched" typefaces. 


I came across this typeface on the Behance Network called ROKE1984 which although it doesn't directly relate to stretching type, it emphasises geometric forms. This works in a similar way to the idea of taking an existing letterform from a typeface and using mathematics to stretch it into a new shape. Although I didn't measure out my stretched letters so they were 100% accurate transformations of the original letters, it still reflects the way that letters can change shape from what the were originally to something new using angles, measurements, projections, etc. 


http://www.behance.net/gallery/ROKE1984/762721


Also on the Behance network I found a typeface called Ogaki which demonstrates the way in which letterforms can be both heavy and delicate at the same time. The way this typeface appears reflects some of the final resolutions of my work in the way that parts of the letters have been stretched and other parts remain thin and "delicate".


http://www.behance.net/gallery/Ogaki-typeface/342821



Friday 30 September 2011 by Andrea Hannah Cooper
Categories: , , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply