Context of Practice - Publication - Developing Logo Ides

Continuing with the logo developments

I decided that even though I am still struggling with the content and tone of voice, it would probably help me to keep developing the visuals so I have gone back to the logo development.


I first tried a couple of different layouts of the logo but after two attempts decided it didn't look right and didn't quite fit the aesthetics I was looking for. 






I noticed that if I lined the two words up I could play with the idea of the two i's lining up and see if I could connect them in some way to show the relationship between the field and the habitus as being interlinking. 




I inverted the i in the word field so that the dot would line the two letters up together:



 I then also decided I didn't quite like the way the ampersand was positioned so then moved it so that it lined up with the space between the ascenders of the h and b of habitus:




I think this one seems to work loads better than the previous ones so I'm now going to look into colour schemes to apply to the booklet and wayfinding.


UPDATE

I decided to tighten the kerning of the letters on the logo to further show how field and habitus are interrelated so I pushed the logo further into this:


A couple of people in the studio then pointed out to me that the ampersand looked a bit strange stretched to fit the gap, so after playing with it a bit more, I settled on this which I'm actually really pleased with:




Monday 29 April 2013 by Andrea Hannah Cooper
Categories: , , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply