Proverbally Yours

Looking at Pictograms:






http://www.behance.net/gallery/Pictogram-music-posters/1834313

This selection of posters with pictograms came from a series depicting names of famous songs through the means of simple imagery alone. Pictograms are an effective way of getting across information quickly and simply and I think these images are really quite clever in the way they portray the song titles and they easily reflect the brainstorming ideas I was trying to create in the workshop with Amber where we looked at creating pictograms for our professions. 
I like the way the pictograms are made with a form of universal understanding in mind. The majority of people who see the posters could probably quite easily work out what the pictogram is saying, even without knowing the song it refers to. I really like this simplistic style of conveying information and it is something I have tried to utilise in my posters and mail shot. 

Sunday 20 November 2011 by Andrea Hannah Cooper
Categories: , , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply