Context of Practice - Publication Ideas

Initial concepts for the COP2 publication

During my essay tutorial with Richard we discussed ideas for my publication stemming from my essay topic of 'field and habitus in art galleries' and decided it would be interesting to work towards producing printed ephemera to fit into existing art galleries informing the general public about the theory of why they behave like they do when in that space. My initial ideas are to create booklets, signage and exhibit labels that introduce the theories and make the audience think about the subject.



The products would inform the public on the ideas of impression management and point out to them that they are 'putting on an act' to gain cultural capital when in the field of art galleries. It would all also explain the panoptic element of how the visitors to art galleries implement this impression management because of the feeling of being watched. 

The products I think I will probably end up producing are an exhibition booklet, signage for the exhibition space, and tags to go next to the art on display. 

Friday 15 March 2013 by Andrea Hannah Cooper
Categories: , , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply